WIRED is seeking a Senior Photo Editor to assign, produce, research, and curate powerful, evocative photography across all platforms – print, online, tablet, video, and social media. A sophisticated, conceptual vision, and a passion for photography and video is a must, as is a deep interest in the core WIRED subjects – technology, business, science, culture and design. This job will be based in the WIRED offices in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Photography.
- Assign and produce photo and video shoots across all platforms of WIRED.
- Collaborate with editors and designers, illustrating stories in an inventive and artful manner.
- Negotiate with photographers and work with budgets on complex, high-production photo and video shoots.
- Conceptualize and pitch stories and videos that reflect WIRED’s core values and aesthetic across all platforms.
- Contribute ideas and curate photo and video content for WIRED’s social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Pitch and curate photo essays for WIRED.com.
- Oversee the homepage of WIRED.com to ensure a cohesive, sophisticated aesthetic.
- 5+ years of experience as a photo editor for magazine, newspaper, or website
- Possess a strong eye for talent and vast knowledge of photographers, videographers, photo representatives and agencies
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent editorial judgment
- Familiarity with photo contracts, usage rights, photo licensing and copyright
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in social media
- Keen curatorial eye and thorough knowledge of photography blogs
- Must be highly self-sufficient and resourceful with strong communication skills
For more information and application visit Condé Nast online.