On May 27th and 28th, 2010, Fusionspark Media is holding a Visual Journalism Bootcamp in Langley, WA. Thought leaders and practitioners representing the fields of visual journalism, social media & social networking, Hollywood storytelling, marketing, citizen journalism, cloud computing and more will converge at the Langley Center for New Media to explore the emerging new value chain for sustainable visual journalism.
Industry leaders, including Brian Storm, Tom Kennedy, Tony Deifell, Scott Anger, Brent Friedman, John Gauntt, Russell Sparkman, Dan Lamont, and Leif Utne, will be looking at questions such as:
- What’s the best visual journalism experience for the audience?
- What are the best methods for reaching the audience?
- What do we need to create to take advantage of capabilities in new delivery platforms?
- What are the best methods for producing visual journalism?
- What’s the best economic model for enabling visual journalism creation?
- What opportunities are there to earn livelihoods as visual journalists?
In addition, Brian Storm will be holding a one-day MediaStorm Multimedia Storytelling Workshop on May 28.
This one-day workshop provides an overview of multimedia storytelling approaches while engaging participants in discussion about the most appropriate ways to create a multimedia story. Through real-world examples, Storm will share tips and techniques to improve reporting and editing and discuss the most effective tools for specific jobs.
This workshop is designed for anyone interested in multimedia storytelling, no experience is necessary. We will be looking primarily at multimedia methodology and theory. This is not a workshop to learn how to use your new audio recorder. It’s a workshop where you will be asked to look deeper, into the when and why of different storytelling techniques and approaches.
Visit the website to register for the Bootcamp or the Workshop.