20. T-Shirt War by Rhett and Link
Brilliant animation with 222 t-shirts. – Eric Maierson
21. Scenes From a Ruined Boulevard
Imagine if the most populated and economically active street in your town was totally destroyed. The concept and imagery of Maggie Steber and the innovative technical execution of The New York Times interactive team provides a unique look at Grand Rue in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. – Brian Storm
22. The Sandpit by Sam O’Hare
Sometimes you feel like an ant when you live in New York City. The anthill doesn’t always feel this beautiful. – Brian Storm
23. Slate V – If Filmmakers Directed the Super Bowl
I’m not much of a football fan, but I would be if Werner Herzog directed it. – Eric Maierson
24. macro kingdom byclemento.
Great visuals, great sound effects, great graphics. -Eric Maierson
25. Last Minutes with ODEN by phos pictures.
Saying goodbye to the dog who taught you to love. This one wrecked me. – Eric Maierson
26. Charlie Brooker – How To Report The News
A satirical look at the standard news package. Cuts pretty close to the bone. Some language NSFW. -Eric Maierson
27. Drift from mustardcuffins.
Another example of blurring the lines between still and video. – Brian Storm
28. Sony make.believe by Jessica Sanders
Jessica Sanders created this touching commercial about her life as a filmmaker and coming from a filmmaking family. Thanks to Danny Goldfield for the link. – Brian Storm
29. Scary Mary
A classic example of how editing can change meaning and why the use of music needs to be handled with such care. – Brian Storm